- Entries are open to all Canadian Tenpin Federation sanctioned members from any association and must be 50 years of age or older at tournament date.
- The Tournament shall consist of doubles and singles events. Doubles may consist of one man and one woman, two men, or two women. In no case will the same doubles partners be permitted to qualify for prizes more than once. Singles event may be entered more than once but bowler may CASH ONLY ONCE.
- Total pins plus handicap shall determine the winner of each group – Handicap is based on 100% of 230 (per bowler)
– Doubles will bowl in the average age category of the two bowlers.
- (a) New this year Bowlers shall use their 2016-2017 year end sanctioned average based on a minimum of 21 games. Winter averages are no longer recognized.
b) If no year-end sanctioned average, bowlers may use their current sanctioned average for 12 or more games at time of participation. All other bowlers will bowl scratch.
5. Entries will be accepted up to one hour before squad time providing lanes are available. There will be a maximum of three bowlers per lane.
6. Entrants from other associations must have their averages verified by their League or Association Secretary/Manager prior to entry. ENTRY FORMS WITH ALL PERTINENT INFORMATION MUST BE SUBMITTED PRIOR TO BOWLING.
7. Rules 319 (a) 2 & 3 will apply ( 10pins or more higher than the previous season’s average). (Bowlers are responsible for verifying their own averages whether submitted by the bowler or others).
8. Rule 319 (d) & (e) are waived.
9. Tournament manager or local association has the authority to adjust a bowler’s average upwards if deemed necessary. (319c)
10. Prize ratio will be 1 in 5, or major fraction there of. Prize money will be distributed within 30 days of closing of the tournament.
11. No fees shall be refunded after entries have been received. Entry fees sent by mail must be paid by cheque made out to Mid Vancouver Island Tenpin Association (MVITA). There will be a $25.00 charge for NSF cheques.
12. A bowler arriving after the start of the game will be allowed to start in the frame currently being bowled. No score will be given for those frames missed.
13. The Tournament Manager/ Committee shall decide any questions or protests not covered by these tournament rules. The Canadian Tenpin Federation Rule Books will govern any rules not covered herein.
Good Bowling and Thank you for your participation!!
Mid Vancouver Island Tenpin Association
IF YOU DO NOT RECIEVE A CONFORMATION EMAIL, Please contact Web Master, as your application may not have been processed.